Thursday, November 18, 2010

Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls

I love to give my daycare kids little treats for the holidays... I also like to make sure that I don't spend all the money that I make buying them stuff! :) So, for Halloween this year I found this recipe and made these treats for the kids! They were very tasty... It says that it makes 10 popcorn balls, but I doubled the batch and only got about 15 - I wanted bigger popcorn balls then they made I guess!


Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

5 cups popped popcorn
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Place popcorn and peanuts in a large bowl; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and corn syrup to a rolling boil; stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Quickly pour over popcorn mixture and mix well. When cool enough to handle, quickly shape into 10 2 1/2 inch balls. Let stand at room temperature until firm; wrap in plastic wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment