Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Barbecue Chicken Pizza Soup



I love when a recipe is super yummy and easy to throw together... Although this one was a little higher in calories then I wanted, it was really tasty and the oldest 2 boys and I slurped it right down. The younger 2 weren't so excited about it, but I think that they are going through a not eating stage - they don't finish anything lately!! Drives me nuts, but they are still growing fast so I don't worry about it too much...


Barbecue Chicken Pizza Soup
(recipe found on pinterest via picky-palate.com)

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
1 (11 ounces) can corn with peppers, drained
2 (12 ounces) cans chicken, drained (I just baked up chicken breasts and chopped them before adding them to the soup)
1 1/2 Cups chicken broth
1/2 cup berbecue sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped


Heat oil into a medium pot over medium heat. When hot, saute onions for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in garlic, corn and chicken breast; mix to combine. Pour in chicken broth, barbecue sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro leaves. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment