Monday, May 5, 2014

Pecan Pie



My in laws moved into a new house a couple of years ago and along with the house they have a grove of pecan trees. It was fun to walk out to the trees, pick up a few pecans and be able to eat them fresh from the tree. It was fabulous! I got a sweet surprise from my mother in law when she sent me a package filled with pecans from their yard. How I loved that! So, you know one of the first recipes that I had to make involved a pecan pie!! It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself! :) Pure sugar baby...


Pecan Pie
(recipe found on pinterest via babble.com)

2 cups pecan halves
1 cup packed brown sugar
2-4 Tablespoon butter, melted
3 large eggs
3/4 cup corn syrup
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the pecans on a baking sheet and toast them for 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, until they are fragrant. Keep a close eye on them so that they don’t burn. In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, butter, eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and salt; stir until well blended and smooth, making sure you get rid of any lumps of brown sugar. Stir in the pecans and pour the mixture into the crust. Bake the pie for 50-60 minutes, until the filling is slightly puffed and set. If the pastry is browning too quickly, cover the pie loosely with a piece of foil. Cool it completely on a wire rack before serving at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment