Thursday, May 8, 2014

Tex Mex Chicken and Corn Chowder



With this winter being so bitterly cold soup has been a weekly staple on our menu. So, I am always on the hunt for something new and I love it even more if it is healthy, especially if we all like the taste of it. This one touched on all three of those things and I will definitely be making it again. The hubs likes anything with some corn in it since that is his favorite veggie, so this one ranked high on his list! I also like the chowder part of the soup, since I like my soups a little thicker!


Tex Mex Chicken and Corn Chowder
(Recipe found on justapinch.com)

3 tablespoons butter
4 chicken breasts, cubed
6 green onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups half and half
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
2 (14 ounces) cans cream corn
1 (4 1/2 ounces) can chopped green chiles, drained
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoon chopped cilantro

Melt butter in a dutch oven over medium high heat; add chicken, onion and garlic. Saute 10 minutes. Stir in next 7 ingredients and cook over low heat, stirring often for 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment