Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Truffala Trees



On our Early Childhood Family Education this year the parents decided that we would like to do meals each night to make it a little easier to get out the door and to ECFE. So, we all picked a week that we would provide the meal and went for it. My night turned out to be the Tuesday right after Dr. Seuss' birthday and the theme for the night was Dr. Seuss night. You know that I ran with that!! We had green eggs and ham for supper, which I threw into the crockpot to keep warm after I scrambled them up, blue jello with swedish fish on top, Cat in the Hat Skewers and Truffala Trees. The trees were a huge hit and I loved how they turned out! I put them on top of popsicle sticks, but I thought that they would be great on pretzel rods also. I was planning on making some green play dough to "plant" the trees in, but realized at the last minute that I was out of cream of tarter... Whoops! Oh well, the kids loved them anyhow!


Truffala Trees
(recipe found on pinterest via theseasonedmom.com)

4 cups Trix cereal
2 tablespoons butter
3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
10 popsicle sticks
Optional: green playdough for display

Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and pour Trix cereal into bowl. Set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir continuously until completely melted. Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and stir to coat. Use hands to form cereal mixture into balls. Place balls on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Allow balls to set for a few minutes before gently inserting a popsicle stick into each one. If desired, use green playdough to display each tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment