Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie



My Grandpa turned 90 last week and I offered to make a meal for him, my Grandma and a few of their friends... He is obsessed with ice cream cake/pie, so I knew that I wanted to find some kind of ice cream dessert to make for him. This was a new one that I wanted to try, so I made it and sent it over. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) it was so good that they ate it all and I didn't get even a little taste of it! I did taste test as I went and it seemed like it would be pretty delicious... Guess I will have to make another batch up to get the official taste test for myself. But, I will definitely go on the word of the 8 that celebrated with my Grandpa and guess that it was pretty fantastic!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie
(recipe found on pinterest via lifeloveandsugar.com)

COOKIE DOUGH
6 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon milk
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips

CRUST
15-20 oreos
1/4 cup butter, melted

FILLING
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
8 ounces cool whip, thawed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided

COOKIE DOUGH - Cream butter, sugar and dark brown sugar together. Mix in vanilla. Add flour and milk and mix thoroughly. The dough will be thick. I needed to add a bit more milk to get the dough to come together. Mix in the chocolate chips. Roll the dough into little balls that are between 1/2 and 3/4 inch in diameter and then cut them either in half or fourths after they are frozen. Freeze the balls of dough. CRUST - Crush oreos into a fine crumb. Mix the oreo crumbs with the melted butter. Press into the bottom of a greased 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Set in the freezer while you make the filling. FILLING - Mix cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar together with a mixer until smooth. Add cool whip and mix thoroughly. Stir in 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips and about 3/4 of the frozen cookie dough balls. Pour the filling into the pie crust. Top with remaining cookie dough balls and 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips. Allow to freeze completely before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment