Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Christmas Crack



I don't really want to post this as Christmas Crack, because I would make this all year round! Wow, it was so good, addicting - as you can imagine since it IS called Christmas CRACK!! I made this up over Christmas for my kids' paraprofessionals and Sunday School teachers and then had to make an additional batch so my husband would stop crying after I gave the whole first batch away! Seriously... it's THAT good! Try it, you won't be able to put it away either!


Christmas Crack
(recipe found on pinterest via simplefarefairlysimple.blogspot.com)

1 (12.8 ounces) box rice chex cereal
1 (12 ounces) box of golden grahams
1 (7 ounces) bag of coconut
1 (4 ounces) bag slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups corn syrup

Combine cereals, coconut and almonds in large bowl. In a saucepan, combine butter sugar and corn syrup and cook to a soft ball stage (about 230 degrees). Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Pour mixture out onto wax paper and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to stop from clumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment