Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Asparagus Supreme

Like I said before, I am on an asparagus kick right now and this recipe fits right in with that kick! :) The kids have been eating it just fine until the last couple of times. I don't know what changed about it, but they are not so gung-ho about it anymore... Maybe I am feeding it to them too often! :) Anyhow, this was a new way to serve it that the hubs and I enjoyed - I thought it was a little saltier then I liked though... We had this with Loaded Flank Steak.



Asparagus Supreme
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

3 pounds asparagus, cut into chunks
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain and place in a 13x9" baking dish. Combine butter and soup mix; drizzle over asparagus and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425 for 10-12 minutes or until asparagus is tender.

3 comments:

  1. Asparagus rock and this recipe looks easy and delish.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aspargus and cheese, what's not to like? It looks delishious :-)

    All the best,
    Birthe from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love asparagus here too and I buy it whenever I can get it at a decent price. Me, I can never get enough!

    ReplyDelete