Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Loaded Flank Steak

Oh my gosh!! I took one bite of the stuffing for this recipe and thought I had died and gone to heaven. It was so tasty and yummy and delicious... There aren't enough adjectives to describe it! This is a definite do over and one that we had for leftovers the next day and still loved... I paired this with Asparagus Supreme!

Beware - make sure you have a good flank steak to use for this recipe. I thought that I had one in the freezer and I didn't. Using a sirloin cut from the bone and tied up DID NOT work as well! :) Whoops - still tasty though, just a little extra work on my part!



Loaded Flank Steak
(recipe found in Taste of Home)

1/2 cup butter, softened
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
3 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 beef flank steak (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)

In a small bowl, combine the first five ingreidents. Cut a deep slit in the side of the steak, forming a pocket. Stuff butter mixture into slit. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness. To serve, thinly slice across the grain.

1 comment: