Monday, August 29, 2011

Creamy Cucumbers

I love when fresh veggies are coming out of the garden - eating them straight from the garden just makes them taste so much better doesn't it? I am a big fan of refrigerator pickles but this year I decided that I needed to switch it up a bit and try these creamy cucumbers. I am the only one that eats refrigerator pickles in my house and they stay in the fridge for way too long that way... I thought that I would see if this was something a little more up my kids' alley! It sure was... Having just finished them, 2 little hands have been back and forth to the fridge more times then I can count right now! :) Oh well, at least it is mostly healthy!!



Creamy Cucumbers
(recipe handed down from Linda Ness)

4-5 large cucumbers
1 1/2 cups mayo
milk
2 tablespoons sugar
capful of white vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Slice cucumbers and place in large bowl. Put mayo in a medium bowl and slowly add milk, whisking constantly. Add enough milk to create a creamy mixture that runs thickly off of your spoon. Add rest of ingredients and stir to combine. Combine may mixture and cucumbers and stir until well coated. Refrigerate and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment