Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oven Roasted Broccoli

I thought that this was a wonderful side dish. I am not a huge broccoli fan, but I have heard that roasting it changes that taste of broccoli a bit, so I thought that I would give it a go. It had a fabulous flavor that I loved and I would definitely do again. The kids were not so impressed, but that just left more for me. In fact, I found myself walking by the pan to grab a piece to snack on while I was cleaning up from supper... Just make sure you watch your broccoli though! I threw mine in the oven and ran to pick up the kids from the mother in laws and it got a little too done. Some of the pieces were extra crispy and while I liked that, some of you may not! :)

We had this with the crunchy onion barbecue chicken that you see in the picture and can find here. It was a great pairing!




Oven Roasted Broccoli
(recipe found at http://www.becomingbetty.blogspot.com/)

3 heads of broccoli, cut and chopped
extra virgin olive oil
garlic salt

Place broccoli on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Mix around with hands to make sure most of the pieces are coated with oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment